AYP Student Exchange Local Representative
Nacel Open Door is looking for outgoing, self-motivated individuals who enjoy making their own schedules and building relationships that last a lifetime. As a Local Representative, your primary responsibility is to match international exchange students with American host families and high schools.
You can work full-time or part-time, whatever fits with your schedule!
This position provides an excellent opportunity to build connections within your community, as well as with the students you place, and the host families they live with.
Nacel Open Door has been a leader in the Student Exchange field for over 60 years and has an experienced, dedicated support staff and a passionate network of representatives to help you. We’re excited to welcome new Reps who share our enthusiasm for creating meaningful experiences for our international students and American host families.
- Identify & recruit quality volunteer host families and match them with exchange students.
- Maintain relationships with participating schools in your local area.
- Serve as the liaison between NOD’s National Office, host families, students, and your local schools.
- Support the host family and the student during the student’s exchange.
- Comply with the guidelines set forth by the Department Of State which oversees international exchange.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, conflict management, problem solving and strong organizational skills
- An ability to initiate and maintain connections in the community.
- Excellent communication, including prompt and respectful phone and email habits, and following through on all commitments.
- The ideal candidate should have a passion and appreciation for creating unforgettable cross-cultural experiences.
- Build international friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Work from home and choose your own hours
- Competitive pay rates and opportunities for bonuses
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic support system
- Increase cultural awareness and exposure in your community
Interested in Becoming an AYP Local Rep?
“I have worked with the exchange students through Nacel Open Door for 30 years, and the reason I am still working hard is that I enjoy working with teenagers so much. They energize me, and that is why I don't want to stop. It's always interesting and challenging. The host families are so generous and nice, that I consider a lot of them my friends. The students and families stay in touch with me throughout the years, and it's just so rewarding.”
Join our network and apply today!