You have just traveled thousands of miles and over several times zones. Now it is time to adjust to your regular schedule. Here are some tips to help with this transition:
- Drink a lot of water. Airplanes are notoriously dry environments.
- Get fresh air and sunshine. Go for a walk outside. Being outside helps your body get into the flow of the current time zone, you are in.
- Stay awake until at least 10 pm in your current time zone before going to bed.
- Avoid caffeine for at least 3-4 hours prior to going to bed.
- Avoid naps until you are back on your regular sleeping schedule.
- Keep in mind that it can take 10-14 days to adjust to your normal schedule.
Have a long flight coming up soon? Remember these tips to survive!